Friday 25 November 2011

Later I made a table for the priest room to add more furniture.
So, I created it from the box and four cylinders , converted to editable poly and attached all to make them as one object.





















To make it interesting I applied wooden material to the sides and the material from jar to the top. So it looks like a wood with cut pattern.


I made a research about electricity :

So, Mr Thomas Edison in 1879 focused on inventing practical light bulbs, and in 1882 first Power Station started up its generator in New York, so it was enough to provide all houses with electricity and light up the bulbs. So the conclusion is that in our situation there was no light in the Guildhall yet, so I am modelling a candlestick.


The link: http://www.need.org/needpdf/infobook_activities/IntInfo/Elec3I.pdf



To make a candlestick I made a cylinder first, and then converted it to editable poly. I used Bevel to change the shape of it so I selected the area with Polygon and beveled as I needed.


I followed this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_QMLOrAJ8



























Then I also used Extrude tool to extrude some shape and bevel again. So I received something like that:

























And again used some bevel and extrude:





















Finally I had to make a handle, so I selected some polygons from sides and extruded with extrude tool.























I selected the endings from both extruded tubes and clicked Bridge, so the connection between them appeared and the handle is ready.




















Later on, I clicked Mesh smooth in modify panel and my candlestick became smoothed.

So, the next step was to create a candle, which was made from cylinder.
Then, converting it to editable poly I selected some lines on the candle and choose Bend from modify panel, so at the end I received a finished candle which is curvy as bending it I changed the angle. Bend is a new technique for me, I never used it before.
And finally I Mesh smoothed it so it looks very nice now.

























And my almost finished second floor with rooms and details looks like that:





No comments:

Post a Comment